Wednesday, August 25, 2010

BMW 17th Art Car


This BMW M3 GT2 is the 17th BMW Art Car, designed by Jeff Koons and unveiled in the Centre Pompidou quite a while back...I was jis passing through when this caught my eye and i thought,Who would do this to a lovly sexy sleek BMW ?


  I heard its some sorta tradition they do this every year paint em in wild colors and off they go race em through out the countries, Asia, Germany...etc
partnership between Koons and BMW that began back in2003, when the artist approached the car maker with the idea to produce an Art Car. However, work only began in earnest in February following the announcement of the Art Car project, with Koons travelling to and from Germany and BMW’s engineering facility, as well as collecting images of racing cars in action.
“These race cars are like life, they are powerful and there is a lot of energy,” said Koons. “You can participate with it, add to it and let yourself transcend with its energy. There is a lot of power under that hood and I want to let my ideas transcend with the car – it’s really to connect with that power”.  
Just looking at it hurts my eyes...

No comments:

Post a Comment