Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Children....



Every man woman, was once a baby, however naive however dumb, however silly we were when we were young, it made us who we are today, Childhood is everything. Everything we see hear learn when we are children, makes us who we are, or shapes our vision of who we want to be in the future.
I dont know if you've noticed, but children never forget, they remeber, every word, every sentence, then they go to sleep and dream  about it, or have nightmares about it. They lock it up in a vault and 30 years later you see it in their behaviour. Now, I have zero experience with children, but I realized I was always terrified of them, they're so young and so curious, everything they see they absorb, I was scared to be in a room full of children, full of such innocence, I'd fidget and get nervous, and then my baby niece came along, and she never cried when i held her, and she slept like an angel. I always watched her and she always watched me.I'd observe her for hours, trying to see how her mind works, and it was very simple you see, she did what she saw.When I danced, she danced, when I took pictures of her, she grabbed the camera and looked into it, curious, and took pictures of me too. 
Now I learned from watching, the children that grew, the ones who always tried to impress, the ones that always got into trouble just to get an inch of attention. It all starts with childhood you see. 
I salute parents, to build girl into a woman... a boy into a man, is like no words can define.They have, such a huge task ahead of them too, as we die, we leave them with the world. With all its ugliness and beauty, the little we did do or the little we havent, we hope they do more. 
Be Nice to the children, They never forget...what you do affects who they will be.... What will exist in the future will depends on the state of the world's children today... It wont be pretty if we're not doing anything to protect them from ugliness of violence and the like...They say we cant see the future, they're wrong...the future is written in their eyes. 


This came to me as I saw the Survey on Violence on Children in Tanzania

No comments:

Post a Comment