Friday, January 14, 2011

Oh Noooo!!! I'm a Ophiuchus!!

Say GoodBye To the old signs
And herlooo to the new ones
Capricorn: Jan. 20-Feb. 16
Aquarius: Feb. 16-March 11
Pisces: March 11-April 18
Aries: April 18-May 13
Taurus: May 13-June 21
Gemini: June 21-July 20
Cancer: July 20-Aug. 10
Leo: Aug. 10-Sept. 16
Virgo: Sept. 16-Oct. 30
Libra: Oct. 30-Nov. 23
Scorpio: Nov. 23-29
Ophiuchus: Nov. 29-Dec. 17
Sagittarius: Dec. 17-Jan. 20
I woke up this morning to news that the signs have changed and I was so dissapointed, I loved being a Saggi, now I'm a Ophi-something ...Im not too happy about it 
This new Ophi-something doesnt even sound nice..for starters its a snake handler....Tsk Tsk.From a strong bold centaur with an upward arrow to a snake handler...but really?
astrologers have gathered together a series of traits that would match such a person, including:
  • Seeker of peace and wisdom
  • Attractor of good luck and jealousy
  • Interpreter of dreams
  • One who reaches for the stars
  • Wearer of plaid (this one is oddly specific)
Ophiuchus, Greek for 'serpent-bearer,' is a large constellation that falls along the celestial equator, and falls between Aquila, Serpens, and Hercules in the northwest center of the Milky Way. While the origins of the character himself remain questionable, the constellation was one of the 48 discovered by the ancient philosopher Ptolemy.
The constellation has also gone by the name Serpentarius, the Latin version of its current name. Ophiuchus is depicted as a man holding a snake, as the constellation splits Serpens into two smaller constellations, Serpens Caput and Serpens Cauda, which are otherwise counted as one.
However, the internet has been abuzz with speculation on the "real" meaning of the name as some try to cope with their sign change.Brief and topical research on the Internet revealed that Ophiuchus was either a healer who could ward off death or a Trojan priest killed by sea serpents after he warned his ill-fated city not to accept gifts from Greeks.
These Scientists...Whats next? Jesus was born in the fall and Moses only parted his hair? And its 72 white raisins? Oh, and Shiva has only two arms and Xenu was actually from Tatooine....

I really dont know what the hocus pocus is on anyway, I barely read my sign and never believe in em, Coz about every time I read them they tell me something about me winning something and I've never won anything in my life ( My grandma says its bad blood) except the food festival in high school and that was years ago ( it wasn't an eating contest it was a cooking contest, just so you know) hearing this news just made me concerned Though I heard it only applies for children born after 2009, since the sign appeared after 2009, but its still all so confusing....What will I tell people who ask me what sign I am..I am Pre- 09 Era Sagittarius and not an Ophi-something? I still cant pronounce it..

Random Thought: I just Listened to that song Signs by  Beyonce and I just cant fit Ophiuchus anywhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment